Thankfully, I think we're on the road to recovery. We've both started probiotics, which has helped, but not completely knocked it out. So today we tried gentian violet. It sure is messy, but I'm already feeling some relief after only one application. I'm following Dr. Jack Newman's instructions for use, which is once a day for three or four days. We'll both be a little purple in the meantime, but I'm okay with that.
My midwife also recommended that I apply calendula oil after feedings to help soothe and encourage healing. I'm making some right now-- 2 oz. of calendula petals (from the health food store) in a glass jar, just covered with olive oil. Put in a warm oven or out in the sun for 6 hours, then strain.
I'll let you know how this is working for us. Just in case anyone else out there finds themselves with a thrush outbreak.
4 comments:
I hope no purple people eaters come along!
Sorry to hear that. hope ya'll feel better soon.
I've never had to deal with thrush (yet!) but everyone I know that's tried that stuff says it works and works quickly. Hope it does for you!
I love this picture. I still can't get over how original his look is - so handsome.
Also, I have calendulas that are just days away from blooming. I'd only seen them in bright orange so when I found them in red - I snatched them up and planted them in early April. Hopefully, you're over the worst of it by now, but if you're interested in fresh petals I can hook you up. I didn't realize they had medicinal properties.
ow... I'm sorry.
Post a Comment