So some of you are wondering what we're going to name this mysterious little stranger...
Here's the short list. I think this is as narrowed down as we're going to get-- we're going to wait to see what baby looks like and then pick one. Does this smack of a fear of commitment to anybody?
Girl:
Ella Mae
Jane Alison-- a sneaky tribute to my mom, who is Jan Alison
Margaret (Maggie)
Sally-- Lincoln and Daniel both favor this name, after the little blue porsche on Cars.
Ruth Ellen (Ruthie)-- this one is on my list, but not Joe's
Boy:
Webster-- after my great great grandpa Thompson
Harrison (Harry)-- after Indiana Jones (just kidding)
Willis (to be known as Will, but you can crack all the "Whatchyou talkin' bout, Willis?" jokes you want)-- after my great grandpa Weight
Lewis (on Joe's list, but not mine)
Jack-- after Joe's grandpa. This is a name we both love, but we're not sure we'll go with it since we already have a nephew named Jackson, and it's one of those super popular names already.
P.S. For those of you who missed our initial announcement, Hadfield 3.0 is expected to make his/her arrival mid-March. We're hoping for a first day of Spring baby.
10 comments:
I vote for Jane alison and Jack. of course all of our votes don't count. haha. but those are my picks. :) I say go with Jack though not Jackson which is the popular version at the moment.
I think it's awesome that you guys aren't finding out what you're having. We did that with our first baby and it was a lot of fun. I think I'll wait until I have my boy and then we'll let it be a surprise :0)
Yes, but my Jackson is 13 . . . so we weren't bandwagon namers - we were trendsetters. My Jackson made the name cool. So excited! Did you know that our little Ryan was almost named Harrison? His Grandpa is Harry and we were trying to compromise, but he hated it. I like them all - the suspense is building!
Okay, well my thoughts are that Harry "fits in" with the other two boy names, if that matters. But do you like the alliteration of Harry Hadfield? I think Jack is the winner. He's gonna be super popular anyway!
Girl names? I like Ruthie, personally, but all of them are good. You could think about Greta as a nick name for Margaret, too. Just remember, all this is coming from the mother who named her girl Ezri. I get lots of "how unusual" fake smiles for that one!
My vote is for Jane or Maggie if it's a girl (how adorable!!!) and Willis is my absolute favorite on your boy list (excepting, of course, the name Jack, which Todd and I prefer over any boy name).
If it's a girl I vote Ella because we are most likely naming our boy Samuel and we will have a Samuel Ella and Jackson...Samuel L. Jackson. It would be awesome!
P.S. We've also been thinking of Jack, but you're giving birth first so if you have a boy go for it...it might make our naming a little bit easier anyway!
I think you should name it Benji if it's a boy.
...and my first thought was "Jane Austen"...Austen/Alison, Alison/Austen, sounds vaguely similar! Oh, and I'm guessing it's a girl!
I love the names! I especially liked reading all the reasons you wrote down for each of them. Good luck in these last few months!
So much to respond to...The name Ezri brings a GENUINE smile to my face.
Don't think we've forgotten Willis the RA from Heritage Halls; clearly you haven't Angie.
Samuel Elle Jackson works even better than Ella. Snakes on a plane!!!
Are there any names that Papa Hinck did like? Daniel has a full crop of back hair so we might doom the kid with Harry if he turns out swarthy.
Post a Comment