Wednesday, June 8, 2011

the latest on Jack

 Jack is the lover in our family. He's almost always ready to dole out snuggles and loves and absolutely cannot go to sleep at nap time and at bed time until he's given kisses to every single person in the house-- even if we've got non-family-members visiting. He loves Stella a lot. Sometimes too much; I've got to keep a careful eye on him around her or I'm likely to find him smothering her with hugs or covering her face with his blankie, which he so generously wants her to snuggle.

He's also an incredibly tidy child. He actually enjoys wiping up spills, putting away toys, starting loads of laundry, vacuuming, etc. etc. I can keep him busy while I'm making dinner if I ask him to stand on his step stool and wash the dishes. Heaven forbid if we forget to put away a book or toy before nap time or bed time-- he won't sleep until it's put away.

Speaking of sleep... Jack recently made the big switch from the crib to the toddler bed. He's been in it a couple of months now, but he still calls it his "New, new bed". I was worried that we'd have to give up naptime when he left the crib, he did surprisingly well at making the transition. I find it highly ironic that my most difficult baby sleeper has turned out to be my most reliable toddler sleeper. 

He's slowly but surely learning to talk; adding a couple new words to his vocabulary every day. He's very much a two-year old though, as his favorite word is "NO".  He pronounces the 's' at the end of words funny: like a "fff" sound, except made by sucking air in instead of blowing it out.

snuggling with Stella

Smile!

Two of his favorite things: Dad and a Good Story

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hazel's a neat freak like that, too. She does a sweep of her bedroom every night and absolutely will not sleep if there's so much as a foreign book in her book basket. Everything has to be just so. She loves to clean up every night before bed and has always been a fan of washing dishes as well. She and your Jack would be great clean up buddies.

Christie said...

Such a sweet pic. of Joe with the kids, and that looks like Caps for Sale, one of our favs.