
Remember these? With a few turns of a handle, you can peel, core, and slice an apple into apple slinkies. My kids can't get enough of it. They'd slice (and eat) a bushel of apples a day with this sucker if I let them.
Now, if I could just figure out a way to run broccoli through this thing...
5 comments:
Lol! do they not like broccoli? that's unfortunate. I think I developed my taste for broccoli because we used to always have it with melted cheese on it,.. but as we got a little older my mom never put cheese on it anymore and I still liked it. I developed the taste using the cheese bribe and learned to appreciate it without the cheese.
i used to have one...and ethan LOVED to help me make apple pie because he got to peel/slice/core. best thing since sliced bread...i wonder if they make one to do that, too!
I know!! The kids at the day care that would never eat fruit TOTALLY gobbled up apple skins so long as they were slinkys. Crazy!! Maybe you could do zucchini or some other thing with a rind. Although, truth be told... no matter HOW cool zucchini slinkys are, they probably taste gross. By the by, we did not mean to kife your spoon and fork. We will return them when we return, which should be soon, since Shera's just about ready to have her baby and they'll have to bless it sooner than later. :)
I love those! We have one and have always used it at our ward Halloween party. It's kind of nice to give the kids something healthy (well, with a little bit of caramel) before they chow down on Halloween candy.
I want to try!!! How fun it that?
Post a Comment