Last June, I lost my purse at IKEA. I'd been carrying a sleeping Daniel (those of you who have held him know how HEAVY he is) and sat down on a bench to rest. When we got up to go on, I left the purse behind. About 15 minutes later, I realized what happened and went back to find it. It was GONE. I asked all the employees in the area if they'd seen it, checked at the customer service desk to see if someone had turned it in, and basically combed the store-- all to no avail. I left a description of it and my contact information with the store's lost and found department and finally just had to go home without it. Over the next few weeks, I called the store many times to see if the purse had turned up. It never did. I just assumed that someone had stolen it and so I cancelled all my credit cards, got a new drivers license, etc. Life moved on and I forgot about it.
...Until this last Monday. When I checked the mail, I found a hand-addressed letter to me from IKEA. Somehow, 8 months later, they found my purse and wanted me to come get it. How crazy is that?! Honestly, where has it been this whole time? So, even though I've moved on-- new purse, new checks, new credit/debit cards-- I was really excited to go pick it up and rifle through my own personal little time capsule. Here's what I found:
My wallet:
California Driver's License
2 credit cards
1 debit card
Costco Card
Library Card
Temple Recommend
Walmart Gift Card
Health Insurance Cards
Temporary Checks
$2.02
1 letter from the DMV
1 letter about Joe's life insurance policy
3 pens (1 broken)
unsharpened pencil
antibacterial gel
a book of 19 stamps
the broken remote key to our Pontiac Bonneville
MegaShine nail polish
eye drops
mini first aid kit with 2 band aids
Two tubes of lipgloss
1 hair tie
8 empty gum wrappers
turquoise ribbon headband
grocery list for week's menu consisting of: Lasagna, Chicken Pitas, Shepherd's Pie, Salmon Cakes, Sunday Breakfast for Dinner, Baked Chimichangas, and Hot Dogs
1 receipt from Macey's Grocery Store dated 6/16/07 for $28.86
1 pair small silver hoop earrings
2 tiny rubber wheels
1 paperclip
$.57
Judging by the contents of my purse, it turns out I wasn't as organized, cool, or glamorous as I hoped. I guess that's okay.
3 comments:
haha! that's hilarious,.. I can't imagine what happened to your purse. And with nothing missing out of it either. Good grief someone must have picked it up and stuck it in the back room planning to eventually take it to lost and found until they eventually lost it too and it finally turned up 8 months later.
I still think you're organized, cool, and glamorous!
I can't believe you finally found it.Are you sure the remote key is yours.Mom thinks it might be ours.I remember that!
Post a Comment